Tuesday, December 22, 2015

MY RETURN

Before I get into reviews of various films, I'd like to address the elephant in the room-namely, my return to this blog.

Last October, in 2014, I was actually pretty excited to furiously watch-and subsequently write my views about-numerous horror movies to produce thirty-one articles each day of the month, counting down to Halloween.  It was fun, like most of my movie-watching experiences, but the writing wore me out.  So much so, that I decided to take a break and even pondered the desertion of my blog.  As luck would have it, work at my employment started to skyrocket, so I couldn't put any time to Cinema Bits even if I'd wanted to.

I had been thinking of returning earlier, back last spring, but a project fell into my hands that was very exciting and took up a bunch of my time.  It had to do with another passion of mine: the American pastime of baseball.  I won't get into that here-this blog is called Cinema Bits and not Baseball Bits (though that sounds catchy!)-so I'll keep to the talk of motion pictures.

So, now, as 2016 approaches, not to mention that work has slowed down a bit, I think it's high time that I make my return to my cinephilic hobby.

With that said, I'm going to try and put down to words, most of the new flicks I've treated my eyes to and maybe put in a classic here and there.

So, for those of you who've silently followed along in the past, get set to enjoy some posts here and there.  I'll try to keep consistent and post more frequently.

I thank you for your patronage and readership.

Manny the Movie Maniac

No comments: